Off to Roma with Gary for my birthday

Another trip to Roma!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Ten Ways in Which Rome is Like State College


Thursday was a fairly uneventful day.  I got up, did some research, and hit a couple of museums, to which I will be returning in a couple of days.  The weather continues to be beautiful, so I’ve been walking a lot.  I’ve gotten used to cobblestones again, too.

I skyped a few people today, including Gary, my mother (hi Mom!), and my friend Anne, who let me see her beautiful newborn daughter Lily (I wish I could sleep like that!).  The evening was so fine that I decided to go out to the piazza for a few minutes before I went to bed.  Sitting on the steps of the fountain and watching the people in the square around me, I started to think about how, despite their differences, people everywhere are a lot alike.  So here are my

Ten Ways in Which Rome is Like State College:

10: In both Rome and State College, ice cream is serious business.
9. People are on their cell phones all the time.
8.  All sense of courtesy is abandoned while riding public transportation.
7.  iPods.
6.  Lady Gaga is playing everywhere.
5.  Alarms start blasting every time the power goes out.
4.  It’s hard to decide which are more dangerous, the drivers or the pedestrians.
3.  Every clock is set to a different time.
2.  A lot of students seem to be majoring in alcohol.
1.  The town goes crazy with insane fans whenever there’s a home football game.

More photos coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pedestrians are the worst!

Taylor said...

The photos were great, and you take excellent photos of the food! For some reason the Pantheon just amazes me the largest dome until the one in Florence in the 1300s or 1400s, and it is concrete! If you look real close at that one photo of the Circus Maximus, you can see Charleton Heston!