Off to Roma with Gary for my birthday

Another trip to Roma!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday 11 May: Life is too short for...

Happy Mother’s Day! Did you call your Mom?

A busy but uneventful day as I get ready for Gary to arrive Tuesday (hooray! It’s been six weeks!). While cleaning and such, I got to thinking about things I’ve learned just from living in Rome the past while. There are more than ten things that Rome has taught me, and you can learn these in other places as well. They may not work for everyone, and of course there are other important things in life too. Still, here are the ten things I thought of today that Rome has taught me that life is too short for:

  1. Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
  2. Life is too short not to have plants and flowers everywhere.
  3. Life is too short not to stop for a drink with friends.
  4. Life is too short to forget what you did and saw today.
  5. Life is too short to ignore the history all around us everywhere.
  6. Life is too short not to listen to live music.
  7. Life is too short not to have wine with dinner, at least sometimes.
  8. Life is too short not to stop to see the art.
  9. Life is too short to worry about what others might think.
  10. Life is too short not to keep in touch with friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your "Life is" list. I bet you can't wait till Gary gets there and I luv the blog. I swear sometimes I am walking right along side you and the pictures are wonderful.

Anne said...

Thanks so much for those reminders Dan! I think I'm guilty of forgetting to do most of those things lately...

Today...going home...to smell (and plant) the flowers!

Ciao!

Emily R. said...

I <3 this post!